Otterbine and the Residential Market
Clean healthy water features not only promote natural habitats and the environment, they increase the value of the property. Providing a range of products including both surface and subsurface aeration systems, and floating fountains in all sizes, Otterbine has a solution when looking to improve water quality or simply provide aesthetic enhancement.
Otterbine’s goal is to provide energy efficient systems that offer reliable, trouble free operation for years of satisfaction and support this with the industry’s most comprehensive warranties on our products.
Innovative technology, superior craftsmanship and a dedication to providing the highest quality products and services allows Otterbine to meet the requirements of the residential market. These requirements include finding cost effective, simple solutions to water quality management, detailed specification data for project development, and superior customer service to walk you through the process of selecting and sizing systems that meet your exact needs.
Otterbine Offers the Following Solutions to Ponds and Lakes:
Stagnant, non-moving water is a necessary condition for the reproduction process of mosquitoes and other insects. The wave action created from Otterbine’s aeration and fountain systems break the surface tension of the water in ponds and lakes deterring these insects and their breeding.
Supporting Natural Habitats:
Aeration is able to consume excess nutrients that are harmful to ponds and their inhabitants. Providing an environmentally friendly solution to improving water quality, the use of aeration supports healthy aquatic habitats for fish and wildlife, while creating naturalized landscapes to be enjoyed by all.
Stormwater ponds are becoming a fixture to many residential communities, especially those under new development. Designed to capture all the run-off from parking lots and surrounding areas these ponds inevitably become trash basins of debris and excess nutrients that can easily turn a pond into a foul smelling eyesore. Otterbine aeration systems effectively treat the causes of water quality problems by inducing oxygen into the water column and consuming these excess nutrients to leave the pond clean, healthy and attractive.
Offering a range of products from surface spray to sub-surface aeration systems, and Giant Fountains that can accentuate the magnificence of a clubhouse, Otterbine is able to provide proven aeration and aesthetic enhancement.
To learn more about how our products effectively meet the needs of the Residential market, take a look at some of our feature installations. For additional articles, visit our Feature Installations page online.
- Otterbine Assists ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition: Otterbine donates two of their most energy efficient aeration systems, the Aqua Series and Air Flo 2, to the Urban Family in Hamburg, PA. Learn more about this project here.
- Sajo Farm - Virginia Beach, VA: Terry Peterson Residential took stormwater retention pond design to the next level using Otterbine Tristar Aerating Fountains to accentuate the communities entry way, clubhouse and playground areas.
- Roger's Walk in Mount Laurel, NJ: Custom fountain at entrance, along with Triad Giant Fountains emphasize community water basins at this "Active Adult Rental Property."
- Signature of Solon CC, Solon, OH: The community was built around a retention pond where two Giant Fountains appear. The irrigation lake uses various aerators and aspirators.
- Homeowner Hastings, MI: The pond is set low and sheltered by trees with little surface area. A Comet with Fountain Glo lights was installed for added visibility from the house.
- Sutherland Farms, Meridian, ID: Recognizing the water quality management challenge from farmland run-off into the pond, a decision was made to use Sunburst and Rocket units.
- Chatelaine Community, Charlotte, NC: Phoenix units along with Gemini units fill the ponds, gracing its boundary from the 1/4 mile stretch of road appealing to those with front lots.
- Lago Vista in Lockport, IL: Gemini units were chosen to provide aeration, but also offer something formal in the entry pond. High Volumes are used in the development's other ponds.
- Private Residence, Westchester, PA: The shallow pond produces algae blooms. A Sunburst creates beauty and functions to keep the pond clean and open during the year for waterfowl.
“We got the unit today. Within 3 hours it is running and very, very beautiful. I just wanted to thank you again from myself and family and look forward to many years of relaxation out of our pond.”
Matt Smith & family
“We love to hear the water flowing from the aerator. The sound is so relaxing. When we had to ship it back for repair it was too quiet around the pond. The problem was fixed and pump was returned promptly at no charge. We like to swim in our pond and the aerator keeps the water moving and helps keep the pond clean. Well worth the money and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend product/company to a friend!”
“We find Otterbine Barebo, Inc to be a modern day manufacturer of quality products with old-fashioned values and pride in their work. From the administrative staff to the engineers to the bench craftsmen, a sense of competence and politeness is evident. This industry is a credit to Emmaus and to the country!”
“Naturally we were overjoyed at winning the night photo prize. Your product sells itself we were lucky enough to catch the beauty on film.”
David K. Behm
"Thank you, for your superior product! Our Tri-star is doing everything we expected and more. Our pond is crystal clear and the visual impact is stunning. By night with the lighting package, it is breathtaking!"
Gratefully, Ronald G. & Alice M. Bortz
Click here if interested in sharing your own or viewing additional testimonials.
Otterbine is active in sponsoring educational sessions and participating in conservation programs both nationally and worldwide; and is devoted to serving the needs of our business partners, customers and the environment in the services and products we provide.
Click the links below for more information on:
A member of various trade associations, including American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), and Community Associations Institute (CAI) Otterbine is considered an expert within the industry as an authority in water quality management practices. This reputation has allowed us to contribute articles to leading industry publications including Pond Boss Magazine, Mother Earth News, Landscape Contractor and various others. These contributions grant us the opportunity to share our knowledge and provide information to those seeking to learn more about water quality management. If interested in improving the water quality of your pond or lake, contact us today and we’ll be glad to help!