Marketing at Your Distributorship
Marketing Drip Campaigns
Are you looking for a way to nurture leads, communicate regularly with your customers, increase sales or re-engage lost customers? If any of these common goals are on your to-do list, email drip campaigns could be your solution!
Marketing Drip Campaigns: Do they Work?
Are you looking for a way to nurture leads, communicate regularly with your customers, increase sales or re-engage lost customers? If any of these common goals are on your to-do list, email drip campaigns could be your solution! Drip campaigns run on automation. You create the emails in advance and then use an automated system to send them out when you want.
What are Drip Campaigns?
Simply put, drip campaigns are a series of emails that are sent out on a schedule. They’re also called automated email campaigns, lifecycle emails and autoresponders. Whatever you call it, it all amounts to the same tool – you create a “package of emails” that are sent at strategic times to accomplish a specific goal. For instance, you might create a drip campaign that nurtures existing customers that have Otterbine units that are over 7-years old. The beauty of this campaign is that you more than likely already have a list of qualified customers and their emails.
The first email in an Otterbine loyalty/rebuy series should be timed seasonally; if you live in the Northeast US the campaign should start in
mid-March. The first email in the campaign might talk about the customer’s unit being out of warranty and should highlight the discounts available from Otterbine’s loyalty discount program.
The second email should follow-up within 72-hours of the first email. It should talk about the advantages of a new Otterbine unit, and the cost of waiting to purchase.
The third email should be sent within 10-days to only those that did not open the second email; it might show a graphic of a unit not operating in a pond and offer a little additional incentive that must be acted on quickly.
A final email should be sent within 30-days of the first email to any respondents that didn’t open any of the emails. This email just lets the customer know you are an authorized service center and you are ready to assist them with any of their Otterbine needs. Note as customers open emails you know, and that is your sales team’s queue to call the customer and follow-up in person!
Finally, one thing to consider; if Otterbine is not on your website or is only on your website with a link back to the Otterbine website your drip campaign success will be limited. If the customer lands on the Otterbine webpage, you are not seen as the Otterbine expert in your area. If they land on a lackluster Otterbine page within your website; the customer may wonder as to the quality of the service provided by your distributorship.
But Where’s the Proof?
Creating and automating emails does take more work than sending a few promotional emails a few times a month, so it’s natural to wonder about the success rates of drip campaigns. Here are 10 statistics outlining their success...
- Open rates for drip campaigns are about 80% higher than single send emails, and average click-through rates are 3 times higher.
- Lead nurturing emails get 4-10 times the response rates compared to mass email blasts.
- Drip campaigns can generate 50% more sales-ready leads through steady communication with customers.
- Companies that excel at drip campaigns generate 80% more sales at 33% lower costs.
- Companies have seen a 20% increase in sales after using drip campaigns to nurture leads.
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
- Relevant emails sent through drip campaigns drive 18 times more revenue than generic emails.
- Businesses that nurture their leads experience a 45% increase in lead generation ROI when compared to businesses that don’t.
- Companies that automate the lead nurturing process through marketing platforms like email see up to a 10% increase in revenue.
Otterbine began using drip campaigns in 2018. We moved to drip campaigns because traditional sources like magazines and tradeshows were no longer producing qualified leads. We use two web-based programs; Constant Contact and Campaign Monitor. Constant Contact is a bit more user friendly and perfect for anyone new to drip campaigns. We started our journey in April and have achieved the following YTD:
- 374 Total Subscribers to the “Best Aerator Sign Up List”
- 1876 Emails sent from the Campaign in Total
We are currently developing campaigns specifically for distribution that can be branded with your distributor logo and other relevant information. The Otterbine Marketing Team is here to assist you with your drip-campaign needs; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your drip campaign ideas or just call us at 1-800-237-8837.
Take back control and improve water quality with Otterbine today!
Poor water quality in irrigation ponds can create damage to nozzles, pumps, and greens - costing you time and money to fix. Don't wait until it's too late - Improve water quality with the most efficient aeration systems available.